Mother trouser suits are a great alternative to a dress for your child’s big day. They are stylish, comfortable, and easy to wear.
You can go formal and wear a pantsuit with a blazer, or more relaxed with wide-leg trousers and a nice blouse.
Gone are the days when the mother of the bride or groom had to wear a drab, matronly pantsuit to her daughter’s wedding.
Today, a wide variety of fashionable pant suits are available that can be stylish and appropriate for a wedding.
When choosing a trouser suit for a wedding, it is important to consider the fabric, colour, and overall style.
There are many modern choices available that can make a mother look both fashionable and elegant on their child’s special day.
Pantsuit: Mia Bella
BEST ONLINE PLACES FOR GOLD MOTHER OF THE BRIDE AND GROOM OUTFITS
- Etsy – For handmade, unique and stylish clothes
- ASOS – On-trend mother of the bride clothing
- Harrods – For designer labels and luxurious materials
- Selfridges – Another great department store for formal wear
- Net a Porter – Stylish and modern designer dresses
THE BEST MOTHER OF THE BRIDE TROUSERS SUITS
We are committed to providing unbiased, credible reviews so you can choose with confidence. We may earn commissions on purchases made from visiting our partner stores. Please see our policy here.
1. BEST NEUTRAL PANTSUIT – REISS
The stone colour of this pantsuit is stylish, comfy and so modern for the mother of the bride or groom.
Size: 6 – 18 | Fabric: Wool
2. BEST HIGH LOW
This high-low floor length top and trouser set is super flattering.
The waist detail is great for hiding your tummy. The float floor length top adds lots of drama.
Size: 6 -30 | Fabric: Chiffon
3. BEST SAGE GREEN – Miss Selfridge
Sage green is a popular colour and what better way to wear it than in a trouser suit!
Size: 0 – 14 | Fabric: –
4. WINTER VELVET
Winter just screams velvet. This pantsuit is a winter wedding dream!
Size: UK6 – 16 | Fabric: Velvet
5. LACE TOP TWO PIECE
The lace top adds a modern twist on the more classic mother pantsuit.
Size: UK6 – 30 | Fabric: Lace
6. Best sequin trouser suit – Reiss
I love this sequin trouser suit as even though it is all sequin and sparkle the colour gives it a stylish feel.
Muted just enough to get away with.
Size: 6 – 18 | Fabric: Polyester
7. BEST PINK PEG TROUSER
A great choice for a summer wedding! The peg trousers are flattering on all shapes and the satin strip down the sides adds a touch of luxury.
Size: UK8 – 18 | Fabric: Polyester
8. BEST WITH FLOOR LENGTH JACKET
I love the drama of this floor length jacket. It comes in so many colours it will suit any season wedding.
Size: UK6 – 30 | Fabric: Chiffon
9. pattern perfect
If you are a bold or edgy mother of the bride or groom wanting to make a big statement then this is for you!
They have this pattern in dresses and skirts also, I’m a little obsessed!
size: 4 – 14 | Fabric: Viscose
10. FOR THE FUN MOTHER
Sequins are well and truly in again! This suit feels amazing on and will have you sparkling all day!
Size: UK8 – 18 | Fabric: Sequin
11. MODERN MUSTARD – COAST
This colour is so stunning! This mustard trouser suit would make the perfect autumn wedding outfit.
Size: US0 – 14 | Fabric: viscose
12. BEST FLOATY MOTHER OF THE BRIDE TROUSER SUIT
This trouser suit feels soft and floats beautifully as you walk around. It is a simple design but stylish.
Size: UK8 – 18 | Fabric: Satin
13. BEST SILK TROUSER SUIT – VICTORIA ANGEL STORE
You are definitely going to be comfy all day in this one! Being comfy and stylish is always a win win outfit.
Size: Small – xxLarge | Fabric: Silk
14. Best Pinned Stripped
Probably one of my favs! How can you not feel stylish wearing this pantsuit?
The wide legs are modern and super comfy. The jacket looks great open or closed for two looks.
Sizes: 6 – 18 | Fabric: Wool & Linen
15. Best winter mother trouser suit
Can we just take a second to talk about how stunning this colour is? So rich and luxurious.
This is definitely a stunning choice for an autumn or winter mother.
Sizes: 0 – 14| Fabric: Polyester
16. Polka dot mother of the bride trouser suit
I love a polka dot, always have and always will!
This trouser suit is perfect for a fun mother the bride wanting to look stylish.
Sizes: 6 – 30 | Fabric: –
17. Best black pantsuit
Understandably, some mothers shy away from wearing black. I think for the right wedding and done right it can be a super stylish option.
The stunning celestial pattern on this suit breaks up the black and softens the look.
Sizes: 4 – 16 | Fabric: Velvet
18. Best Blue mother of the bride suit
This colour is so stunning! It can work for spring and summer but would also make a nice winter blue trouser suit.
Sizes: 4 – 18 | Fabric: Tencel
19. Best Emerald Green
I love this colour for a winter or autumn wedding.
They have a few colour choices though so head over no matter the season or colour you want.
Sizes: Xs – Xl | Fabric: –
20. Best Floral Mother of the Bride pantsuit
I love this trouser suit, perfect for a spring or summer wedding.
Sizes: 0 – 14 | Fabric: Polyester
21. Best Spring trouser suit
Yellow always makes me think of spring. This mother of the bride or groom trouser suit is the perfect spring choice.
Sizes: 6 – 16 | Fabric: –
Styling a trouser suit as the mother of the bride or groom
Choosing to wear a trouser suit as the mother of the bride or groom can be a stylish and elegant option. while being able to feel comfy. Here are some tips and considerations for styling a pantsuit for such a special occasion:
- Fit and Tailoring: The fit of the trouser suit is paramount. Opt for a tailored suit that flatters your body shape. It should not be too tight or too loose. Consider getting it custom-fitted or altered by a professional tailor for the perfect fit.
- Fabric: Choose a high-quality fabric that complements the season. Lighter fabrics like silk or linen are great for summer or outdoor weddings, while heavier fabrics like wool or velvet suit colder weather or formal settings.
- Colour: The colour of the suit should coordinate with the wedding’s colour scheme if there is one, and traditionally, lighter colours or pastels are preferred for daytime and darker shades for evening events. However, don’t be afraid to choose a colour that suits your personal style and complements your skin tone.
- Style and Cut: The style of the trouser suit should reflect the formality of the occasion. A classic, elegant cut is always a safe choice, but you can also consider modern styles with interesting details like a peplum jacket, wide-legged trousers, or a unique collar. Make sure the style you choose makes you feel confident and comfortable.
- Accessorizing: Accessories can elevate your trouser suit look. Choose statement jewellery like a necklace or earrings to add sparkle, for a simple pantsuit. Keep it simple with bolder or patterned trouser suits. A stylish clutch, a belt to cinch the waist, and elegant shoes (heels or sophisticated flats) will complete your outfit. Remember to match your metal tones (gold, silver, etc.) for a cohesive look.
- Top and Underlayers: Consider what you’ll wear under the jacket. A silk blouse or a sophisticated camisole can add a touch of femininity to your suit. Make sure it looks nice with or without the jacket.
- Comfort and Practicality: While style is important, don’t forget about comfort. You’ll be wearing this outfit for many hours, possibly standing or dancing. Choose a suit and shoes you can comfortably move in, and consider the weather and venue when selecting your fabric.
- Personal Style: While it’s important to consider the formality of the event and the wedding’s colour scheme, it’s also crucial that you feel like yourself and are comfortable with what you’re wearing. Choose a suit that reflects your personal style and makes you feel confident.
- Hair and Makeup: Your hair and makeup should complement your overall look. Consider a hairstyle that works well with the suit’s neckline and collar, and choose makeup that enhances your features without being too overpowering.
More blogs you will love!
- the hottest summer mother of the bride and groom dresses and outfits
- Super pretty spring dresses for the mother of the bride or groom
- Unique Mother of the Bride or Groom Outfits, No Frumpy Mother Dresses Here!
- Slimming Mother of the Bride Dresses, Expert Advice on How to Hide that Belly Fat
- Stylish Trouser Suits For The Modern Mother Of The Bride and Groom
- Mother of the Bride Dresses for Over 60