Summer lovin! Everyone always seems to want a hot summer wedding. The thing with a hot sunny day is it can be hard to find a cool and comfy summer wedding dress or outfit.
You definitely can find the perfect bridal outfit for a summer wedding day. Just consider the venue and environment, the fabric of the dress and the sleeves. I think it is best to layer or have detachable elements so you can remove them and add them throughout the day to feel comfy.
Top tips for finding the perfect summer bridal outfit
The hottest summer wedding dresses and outfits
We are committed to providing unbiased, credible reviews so you can choose with confidence. We may earn commissions on purchases made from visiting our partner stores. Please see our policy here.
Summer bridal separates
Bridal separates are great for a summer wedding. You can have fun with crop tops with pants or a skirt. You can layer up for a colder night or ceremony. They really are a great modern summer bridal look.
Off the shoulder
Off the shoulder or strapless with detachable sleeves is the perfect summer bridal style. Having your shoulders and arms on show can help with keeping cooler if a hot day.
Shorter or detachable sleeves would be a better option so you can remove and not get too hot.
strapless summer bridal dresses
Strapless is the perfect choice for brides having a summer wedding. Your arms and top half are free so easier to keep cool and not feel stuffy.
You could layer up with a detachable top for the ceremony or for the evening. You can get lovely lace or tulle ones so still cool but add that extra special touch.
Summer bridal jumpsuits
If you don’t typically wear dresses or skirts then wearing a jumpsuit is a great alternative bridal outfit.
Bridal jumpsuits are fun, modern and super stylish. You can even get detachable skirts for two looks in one.
Short bridal dress for a summer wedding
Short wedding dresses are everywhere right now, especially a bridal mini. Summer is the perfect time to wear a short wedding dress. You can go longer with a midi, tea-length or knee length wedding dress.
Summer wedding dress fabrics
- Silk: Silk is a great breathable fabric choice for a summer wedding dress. You can go a little thicker and it holds well to give the perfect structured dress.
- Satin: A satin slip is the perfect beach wedding dress. It is soft and romantic and modern.
- Lace: Lace is perfect for layering and adding more coverage for a summer wedding dress.
- Chiffon: Soft light fabric so perfect for a full skirt dress that it is still cool to wear.
- Tulle: Same with chiffon, it is soft and light. You can build the layers for a full skirt look.
More blogs you will love!
- The Best Red Wedding Dress for the Bold Bride – Plus Styling Guide
- Blooming Beauties: Stunning Floral Wedding Dresses for Every Bride’s Style
- Pagan Wedding Dresses to Look Like a Priestess on Your Big Day!
- Detachable wedding dress sleeves: The best removable power sleeves
- 32+ Black Wedding Dresses for the Modern, Super Stylish Bride!
- The Best Bridal Suits for A Modern Bride! Wedding Pantsuits for the Bride.