Short wedding dresses are having a moment! Short wedding dresses have been popular as a second dress or reception dress for a long time now.
With the rise of smaller weddings and elopements, they are becoming the one and only dress choice for so many!
The mini wedding dress with a long veil is a huge trend we are loving!
The thing is, it is easier to pull off a short dress. Not super short but the midi length is so flattering that I can see why it is becoming the go-to choice!
Different lengths of short wedding dresses
- Mini Wedding Dress – Super short just past the bum to above the knee
- Knee Length – just above or below the knee
- Tea Length – just after the knee and a little lower
- Midi Wedding Dress – between the knee and ankle but usually lower
We are committed to providing unbiased, credible reviews so you can choose with confidence. We may earn commissions on purchases made from visiting our partner stores. Please see our policy here.
Mini wedding dresses
The IT dress of 2023! We love a bridal mini here at Urban, the perfect city elopement wedding dress. Or a fun reception second dress.
Head to our bridal mini wedding dress blog for even more stunning options.
1. SHORT TURTLENECK WEDDING DRESS – 16 ARLINGTON
There is just something so stunning about a short turtleneck dress. They are stylish and fun and give retro 70s vibes.
Size: UK6 – 14 | Fabric: Satin | Neckline: Tutrle | Length: Mini | Silhouette: A-Line
2. BEST SHORT HALTER NECK DRESS
This short halter dress is definitely for the fun, light-hearted bride. Perfect for an elopement or courthouse wedding. Definitely made for dancing the night away with a tent silhouette you just have to twirl!
Size: 2 – 20 | Fabric: Silk | Neckline: Halter | Length: Mini | Silhouette: Tent
3. MINI SHIFT DRESS – Asos
The best if looking for a short non-traditional wedding dress.
Why not do something daring, unexpected, and creative with this ASOS Edition mini dress that will make you stand out!
The bow detail on the back adds that extra wow when walking down the aisle.
knee length wedding dresses
4. Best high neck knee length – Coast
I love this regal high neck tiered tulle knee length wedding dress.
5. For the older bride – Coast
The perfect look for any age. I think this one is great for an older bride looking for something elegant.
6. Best Champagne – Needle & Thread
This soft champagne short wedding dress is perfect for a romantic look.
tea-length wedding dresses
7. simple tea length wedding dress – Coast
The design is simple on this dress but the stiff silk fabric is the star. It gives it great structure and shape.
8. High Neck tea length – BHLDN
I love this dress, the high neck, and the stunning lace. But most of all, it is transformable. The lace bodice comes off leaving a strapless dress.
9. Best Puff Sleeve – Odylyne
Puff sleeves are all the rage! I love these long sleeve versions, with the ruffles all the way down!
midi wedding dresses
10. Best lace midi- Self Portrait
How pretty is his lace midi wedding dress? It would make the perfect courthouse summer wedding dress.
11. Best cape midi wedding dress – Roksanda
How stunning is the waterfall cape sleeve on this dress?
12. Best sleeve detail – Carly Cushnie
I love the sleeve detail on this dress! They add a modern twist to a simple wedding dress design.
Styling a short wedding dress
Shoes with a short wedding dress
When wearing a short wedding dress the main accessory to think about is shoes. You still want something that will be comfy all day but they will be on show so need to look good and match your dress.
You can go for a fun pop of color or keep it simple with a white pair. Heels are a good choice, legs always look better in heels. Make sure you will be comfy if wearing them though. You don’t want to be hurting all day.
Veils with short wedding dress
A big trend right now is a mini wedding dress and a long veil. It looks cool and modern and I am loving the look right now.
But for some finding the right veil with a short dress can be tricky! If unsure keep it shorter than the dress. The best way to decide though is to try on all the different lengths with your dress, take pics and then see which one you like the look of.
Head to our stying a short wedding dress guide for lots more helpful tips from the experts.
More bridesmaid blogs you will love!
- The Best Red Wedding Dress for the Bold Bride – Plus Styling Guide
- Blooming Beauties: Stunning Floral Wedding Dresses for Every Bride’s Style
- Pagan Wedding Dresses to Look Like a Priestess on Your Big Day!
- Detachable wedding dress sleeves: The best removable power sleeves
- 32+ Black Wedding Dresses for the Modern, Super Stylish Bride!
- The Best Bridal Suits for A Modern Bride! Wedding Pantsuits for the Bride.