GOTHIC WEDDING DRESSES
Black is the new white in the wedding industry and we are loving all the unconventional couples showing the inner goth style!
Even celebrities are going gothic, have you seen Kourtney Kardashian’s gothic wedding dress? Definitely a bit of us!
As always we have done all the hard work for you and found some of the best gothic wedding dresses for 2023 and beyond!
We also have expert advice on styling and accessorizing your goth dress.
Head to our gothic wedding guide for all you need to know about planning a gothic wedding.
WHY CHOOSE A GOTHIC WEDDING DRESS?
A wedding dress should be a personal choice, it should be about showcasing your style and making you feel incredible on your big day.
If you love deep, dark, or moody colours then a gothic dress may be the choice for you.
They are perfect for the edgy bride wanting some darker, unique but still with a fairytale feel.
There are so many gothic choices now that even if you want to all goth princess or just a little gothic edge the will be a gothic wedding dress for you.
WHERE TO BUY A GOTHIC WEDDING DRESS?
You have so many choices now when it comes to wedding dress shopping.
You will even be able to find a gothic wedding dress with the traditional wedding dress shopping experience. Search for your local alternative wedding dress shops.
A great option is to have a couture dress made for you by an alternative wedding dress designer.
Also, there are so many choices online. Etsy is a great choice always for alternative wedding dresses.
Looking at your favourite designers and seeing what they offer can be a great way to find the perfect gothic wedding dress.
OUR FAVORITE GOTHIC WEDDING DRESSES FOR 2023 AND BEYOND!
We are committed to providing unbiased, credible reviews so you can choose with confidence. We may earn commissions on purchases made from visiting our partner stores. Please see our policy here.
2. QUEEN OF THE GOTHS VIBES – LEGEND BRIDAL
Who wants to be a princess when you can be a queen, right?
This dress and all of Legend Bridals dresses give me precisest vibes.
If you are after a black wedding dress then click the link for some stunning choices.
4. KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN INSPIRED – DOLCE & GABBANA
The perfect reception dress for the gothic bride.
This dress is so similar to Kourtney.
A mini wedding dress also makes for a great reception dress choice.
5. BALLGOWN GOTHIC WEDDING DRESS – JULIA MIREN DRESSES
Big bold and beautiful. The black lace top is so delicate and then the big full skirt brings all the drama!
More gothic blogs
6. BELTED GOTHIC GOWN – REBECCA VALLANCE
Witchy vibes for sure with this dress. It is so sexy and feels great on.
7. BEST FOR MODERN BRIDES – CHOTRONETTE ON ETSY
That high neck and gloves, love!
You are sure to shine with this sequin beauty.
8. BEST FOR BOHO GOTHIC BRIDES – STYLISH BRIDES ACCS ON ETSY
More of a low key gothic babe?
This dress is for you, perfect for the boho witch look.
9. BEST WITH A CAPE – ZUHAIR MURAD
I just love the gold high neck detail.
The cape adds drama and finishes it off perfectly.
10. LACE TOP GOTHIC BRIDAL DRESS
Love this simple goth vibe black wedding dress.
11. BEST FOR THE CURVY BRIDE
You get 2 looks for the price of one.
A lovely simple slip dress then turns into a gothic celestial vibe dress with the overlay.
12. SEQUIN GOTHIC WEDDING DRESS – COSTARELLOS
I love the low v neckline, the silhouette and oh gosh those sleeves!
13. BEST GOTHIC WEDDING TWO-PIECE
Bridal two pieces are always a yes from me!
They are a great way to mix up your outfit throughout the day.
14. PURPLE AND BLACK GOTHIC DRESS – BRIDES AND TAILOR
That fishtail silhouette, stunning!
The low V adds a little sexiness.
15. BEST FOR A HALLOWEEN WEDDING – FELICITY WESTMACOTT
Morticia Adams vibes anyone?
I just love the silhouette of the dress!
It would be hard not to feel sexy wearing this number.
16. BEST FOR A SEXY VIBE – BLISS GOWN ON ETSY
Low V neckline, sexy high split and super pretty detailing.
What is not to love?
17. Best gothic two piece
Going for a two piece like this means you can change up the top to be as gothic as you like.
You can go high neckline and draped sleeves. Or keep simple and up the gothic styling.
18. Best white gothic wedding dress
Finding a white gothic wedding dress can be tricky. This one is perfect though.
Very Morticia Adams but in white. Bold lips and a statement necklace and your set.
19. Best red gothic wedding dress
This dress would need the right styling to give a gothic look. It is a good starting point though if you want a red gothic dress.
You could add a lace overlay top with a high neck and statement sleeves for a full gothic vibe.
20. Red and black gothic wedding dress
This dress is perfect if you are looking for a princess goth look.
Styling a gothic wedding dress
The styling is where you can really change the feel and look of the dress.
You can take a simple dress and with the right styling create a gothic masterpiece.
If your dress is bold enough you can pair back your styling and have a simple low key overall goth look.
Styling Elements for a Gothic Wedding Dress:
- Dark, moody flowers like black roses, deep purple calla lilies, or blood-red dahlias with cascading black ribbons. Head to our gothic bouquet blog for lots of inspiration.
- Crown or Tiara:
- Gothic-style crown or tiara with dark gemstones like onyx, amethyst, or garnet, embellished with black lace or velvet. (To make it bolder, choose larger, more ornate pieces.)
- Hair Accessories:
- Black lace veils, jewelled hairpins, floral crowns, or a birdcage veil with dark feathers. Incorporate gothic-inspired accessories.
- Bold, ornate jewellery with gothic motifs such as crosses, skulls, or bats. Incorporate black or deep red gemstones.
- Cape or Shawl:
- A black or deep crimson cape or shawl with lace or velvet detailing. (To make it bolder, choose a longer or more opulent cape.)
- Gothic-style boots or heels with intricate lace patterns or dark velvet material. A bold red shoe with a black dress would look stunning!
- Dark, smoky eyes, bold lipstick (black, deep burgundy, or plum), and pale, porcelain skin for a striking, gothic makeup look.
- Nail Art:
- Dark, dramatic nail colours with gothic-inspired nail art like lace patterns, crosses, or tiny skulls.
DOES A GOTHIC DRESS HAVE TO BE BLACK?
No, a gothic dress doesn’t have to be black but it is a popular choice. You could go for a deep navy blue or burgundy if you want to avoid the typical black gothic dress.
CAN I WEAR A VEIL WITH MY GOTHIC WEDDING DRESS?
Yes, of course! A veil is a personal choice and you can wear whatever style you like with your gothic dress. A mantilla veil would be a beautiful choice to add some Spanish flair or go for a long dramatic veil for extra gothic glamour.
WHAT STYLE OF GOTHIC WEDDING DRESS SHOULD I CHOOSE?
This really depends on your own personal style. If you want something simple and elegant then go for a fitted gown with some gothic details like lace sleeves. If you want something more dramatic then go for a full ballgown or even a corseted gown.
HOW TO ACCESSORIZE A GOTHIC DRESS?
This is where you can really have some fun! You could go for a statement headpiece like a tiara or crown. If you want something a little more understated then some delicate gothic jewellery would be perfect.
Bold red lips are always a great choice with a gothic dress or even smoky eyes if you’re going for a more dramatic look.
If you want to really make a statement then a bridal cape is always the perfect accessory.
More Gothic Blogs you will love
More blogs you will love!
- Nontraditional wedding venues you will have never thought of
- Pagan Wedding Guide: Traditions, Rituals and Ceremony Ideas
- The Best Red Wedding Dress for the Bold Bride – Plus Styling Guide
- Bridal Capes – The Ultimate Guide Plus the Best 2024 Wedding Capes!
- Blooming Beauties: Stunning Floral Wedding Dresses for Every Bride’s Style
- Pagan Wedding Dresses to Look Like a Priestess on Your Big Day!