Green is a timeless wedding colour. So many people choose to go for green bridesmaid dresses for a stylish look that won’t date.
In this post, I am breaking down all the different green shades of bridesmaid dresses for all seasons and styles. The complete styling guide so you can have a super stylish green bridesmaid look.
light green bridesmaid colours
Mint green is a soft, cool-toned shade of light green that has been a popular choice for bridesmaid dresses. It has a refreshing and delicate look that works well for spring and summer weddings.
Head this way for all the best mint green bridesmaid dresses.
Sage green is a muted and earthy shade of light green that has gained popularity in recent years. It has a subtle grey undertone, giving it a sophisticated and elegant appearance. Sage Green works well for both indoor and outdoor weddings.
Sea green is a pale and airy shade of light green that resembles the colour of ocean foam. It has a serene and tranquil quality, making it an excellent choice for beach or destination weddings. Seafoam green is often associated with a relaxed and romantic vibe.
Moss green exudes a sense of natural elegance and earthiness. It has a deep and organic quality that can add a touch of sophistication and depth to the bridesmaid attire.
Head this way for stunning moss green bridesmaid outfits.
Olive is a rich earthy green colour, it comes in light and dark bridesmaid dress shades. The most popular is more of a light/medium green colour.
Darker green bridesmaid colours
Forest green is a deep, lush shade that resembles the colour of evergreen trees. It exudes a sense of natural beauty and can work well for both indoor and outdoor weddings. Forest green bridesmaid dresses create a striking contrast against lighter wedding colours and look particularly stunning in fall and winter weddings.
Even more nature inspired forest green dresses this way!
Emerald green is a vibrant and jewel-toned shade of dark green. It has a luxurious and regal appearance, often associated with opulence and elegance. Emerald green bridesmaid dresses can bring a touch of glamour and sophistication to any wedding, especially evening or formal affairs.
Check out our emerald green bridesmaid blog post for some stunning options!
Hunter green is a deep, dark shade of green that is reminiscent of the colour of lush foliage. It has a classic and timeless appeal and suits a variety of wedding themes and seasons. Hunter green bridesmaid dresses can add a sense of refinement and grace to the bridal party.
While not strictly a green shade, dark teal combines deep green and blue tones to create a rich and captivating colour. It has a unique and sophisticated look that can make a statement. Dark teal bridesmaid dresses can add depth and interest to the overall colour palette of the wedding.
Picking the right green for the right season
Different green colours can be associated with specific seasons, but it’s important to note that personal preference and wedding theme can also play a significant role in colour selection. Here’s a general guide to the seasons and the green colours that often complement them:
- Spring: Light and Pastel Greens
- Mint Green: Mint green is fresh and light, making it an ideal choice for spring weddings. It complements the blooming flowers and the overall renewal of the season.
- Pistachio Green: Pistachio green, with its soft and warm undertones, can also work well for spring weddings. It adds a touch of delicacy and charm to the bridal party.
- Summer: Bright and Vibrant Greens
- Emerald Green: Emerald green, with its rich jewel tone, can bring a sense of vibrancy and sophistication to summer weddings. It adds a luxurious touch to the bridal party attire.
- Seafoam Green: Seafoam green, with its pale and serene quality, can also work well for summer weddings. It has a refreshing and beachy vibe that complements the season.
- Autumn: Deep and Earthy Greens
- Forest Green: Forest green, reminiscent of the colour of evergreen trees, is a popular choice for fall weddings. It complements the changing foliage and adds a touch of richness and elegance to the bridal party.
- Hunter Green: Hunter green, with its classic and timeless appeal, can also be a great option for fall weddings. It enhances the cosy and warm atmosphere of the season.
- Winter: Dark and Regal Greens
- Dark Teal: Dark teal, with its deep green and blue tones, can add a touch of luxury and sophistication to winter weddings. It pairs well with icy or metallic accents, creating a glamorous look.
- Pine Green: Pine green, with its dark and cool-toned shade, can evoke a sense of winter and nature. It complements the wintery landscape and adds a touch of elegance to the bridal party attire.
Styling green bridesmaid dresses
When it comes to styling green bridesmaid dresses, there are several tips you can keep in mind to create a cohesive and visually pleasing look. Here are some top tips for styling green bridesmaid dresses:
- Consider the shade of green: Green comes in various shades such as mint, emerald, forest, or sage. Consider the specific shade of green you’re working with, as it can impact the overall style and colour combinations.
- Complementary colours: Identify complementary colours that work well with green. For example, pairing a soft pastel shade like blush pink or lavender with a mint green dress can create a fresh and delicate look. For deeper greens, consider pairing with shades of gold, champagne, or burgundy for a rich and elegant combination.
- Neutral tones: Neutrals can act as a great base to balance out the vibrant green colour. Colours like white, ivory, grey, or taupe can be incorporated through accessories like shoes, belts, or wraps to create a sophisticated and timeless look.
- Metallic accents: Metallic tones such as gold, silver, or rose gold can add a touch of glamour and elevate the overall look. Consider incorporating metallic accents in jewellery, shoes, or even with a metallic belt to add a bit of sparkle.
- Floral accessories: Fresh flowers or floral accents can complement green bridesmaid dresses beautifully. Consider incorporating floral elements in accessories like hairpieces, corsages, or even bouquets to add a touch of natural beauty and coordinate with the green tones.
- Pay attention to skin tones: Different shades of green may suit different skin tones better. Consider the skin tones of your bridesmaids and select a shade of green that complements their individual complexions. Experiment with different shades to find the one that enhances their natural beauty.
- Fabric and dress style: The fabric and style of the dress can also influence the overall look. Flowy and ethereal fabrics like chiffon or tulle can create a romantic and whimsical vibe, while structured fabrics like satin or silk can add a touch of elegance and sophistication.
- Accessorize thoughtfully: Accessories can play a significant role in styling green bridesmaid dresses. Opt for accessories that enhance the overall colour scheme and style. For example, consider statement earrings, delicate necklaces, or bracelets that complement the dress colour and the overall theme of the wedding.
Mismatching Green bridesmaid dresses
Mismatched bridesmaid dresses can add a unique and personalized touch to a wedding. When it comes to mismatching green bridesmaid dresses, here are some best ways to achieve a cohesive and stylish look.
- Different shades of green: Choose a colour palette within the green spectrum and allow each bridesmaid to wear a different shade of green. This creates a harmonious look while adding depth and dimension to the overall bridal party. You can opt for variations like mint, emerald, sage, or olive green.
- Mix and match styles: Instead of having all your bridesmaids wear the same dress, consider mixing different dress styles within the green colour palette. For example, some bridesmaids can wear long dresses while others wear knee-length or even jumpsuits. This allows each bridesmaid to choose a style that flatters her figure and suits her personal taste.
- Prints and patterns: Incorporate prints or patterns into the mix by allowing some bridesmaids to wear printed green dresses. Floral prints, polka dots, or subtle patterns can add visual interest and texture. To maintain cohesion, ensure that the prints complement each other and align with the overall wedding theme.
- Colour blocking: Another option is to incorporate colour blocking by combining green dresses with dresses in complementary or contrasting colours. For instance, you can have some bridesmaids wear solid green dresses while others wear dresses in complementary colours like blush pink, lavender, or champagne. This creates a visually striking effect and allows the green dresses to stand out.
- Common elements: To tie the mismatched dresses together, consider incorporating common elements such as matching accessories or details. This could include matching belts, sashes, or lace accents that are consistent across all the dresses. This helps to create a sense of cohesion while still allowing for individuality.
- Coordinate with bouquets: Ensure that the bouquet colours complement the green dresses. Whether it’s incorporating greenery into the bouquets or selecting flowers in colours that work well with green, the bouquets can serve as a connecting element that brings the mismatched dresses together.
- Communication and guidance: Provide your bridesmaids with guidelines and suggestions to help them make their dress selections. Share your overall vision, colour palette, and preferred styles to ensure that your choices align with the desired look. This will help maintain a cohesive aesthetic while still allowing each bridesmaid to showcase her individual style.
What colour suits go with green bridesmaid dresses?
When it comes to choosing a suit colour for groomsmen to complement green bridesmaid dresses, there are a few options that work well. Consider the following suggestions.
- Navy blue: A classic navy blue suit pairs beautifully with green bridesmaid dresses. The deep blue shade provides a rich contrast against the green and creates a timeless and sophisticated look. It’s a versatile colour that works well for both formal and semi-formal weddings.
- Charcoal grey: Charcoal grey is another excellent choice to complement green bridesmaid dresses. The cool undertones of grey harmonize well with the various shades of green. This colour is elegant and pairs nicely with different tie colours and accessories.
- Light grey: Light grey suits can create a softer and more contemporary look when paired with green bridesmaid dresses. It offers a fresh and airy feel, particularly for outdoor or spring weddings. Light grey suits can be paired with complementary ties or accessories in shades like blush pink or lavender.
- Tan or beige: For a more relaxed and rustic vibe, consider tan or beige suits. These earthy tones can provide a warm contrast to the green dresses and are perfect for outdoor or bohemian-style weddings. Beige suits, in particular, can give a summery and beachy feel to the overall wedding party look.
- Black: If you prefer a more formal and traditional look, black suits are a classic choice. While the contrast between black and green might be more dramatic, it can create a striking and elegant combination. Black suits are especially suitable for evening or black-tie weddings.
More blogs you will love!
- Bridesmaid Nails for all Bridal Party Styles
- Copper Bridesmaid Dresses for a Fabulous Fall Wedding and Every Season
- The Best Places to Buy Bridesmaid Dresses in the UK
- Modern Coral Bridesmaid Dresses Your Party Will Love!
- Satin Bridesmaid Dresses: Trendy and Timeless for a Modern Wedding
- Where to find cheap bridesmaid dresses – Even Less than £30!