Finding the perfect bridesmaid dress can be a challenge.
The process can be even more daunting for plus-size bridesmaids, with limited options and few retailers catering to their needs.
However, with a growing demand for inclusivity, more and more brands are now offering stylish and comfortable plus size bridesmaid dresses.
In this blog post, we’ll share some of the best places to shop for curvy bridesmaids, provide tips for picking the right style, and showcase some of our favourite options that are sure to make any curvy bridesmaid feel confident and beautiful on the big day.
I know the term plus size some people don’t like. It is the label in the shops though, it is was people search for so, unfortunately, it is the term most unused. Plus size refers to any size over 18.
Where to buy Plus size bridesmaid dresses?
|Shop||Best for||Price Range||UK Sizes|
|Coast||Modern affordable pieces||£100 – £300||4 – 26|
|Reformation||Sustainable and stylish pieces||£300 – £500||4 – 28|
|Asos||Budget and great sizing choices||£30 – £200||2 – 30|
|Selfridges||Luxury brands||£70 – £500||6 – 24|
|Oasis Fashion||Modern high-quality pieces||£80 – £200||6 – 24|
|Needle & Thread||Embellished and pretty prints||£300 – £600||4 – 24|
The best bridesmaid dresses for the curvy girl
We are committed to providing unbiased, credible reviews so you can choose with confidence. We may earn commissions on purchases made from visiting our partner stores. Please see our policy here.
1. Best bold spring bridesmaid dress – Oasis Fashion
Simple, well cut and feels amazing on. All you need for a modern bridesmaid look.
Size: 6 – 24 | Fabric: Crepe | Length: Maxi | Color: Pink
2. BEST Pearl detail – ASOS
The size range is this dress is great if you have lots of mixed shapes to cater for.
Size: 2 – 30 | Fabric: Tulle | Length: Maxi | Color: Rose
4. Perfect for a summer wedding – Needle & Thread
This dress is super pretty. It can be hard to find long sleeve bridesmaid dresses that work for spring and summer.
Sizes: 4 – 22 | Fabric: Chiffon
5. Curvy bridesmaid jumpsuit – Coast
I recommend this jumpsuit a lot. It comes in lots of colour choices and suits most body shapes and sizes.
Sizes: 8 – 26 | Fabric: Lace
6. For a formal wedding – ASOS
This dress is perfect for a formal or black-tie wedding.
Sizes: 16 – 30 | Fabric: Satin| Color: Dusky Blue
7. High neck curvy bridesmaid dress – Coast
This is one of my favourite bridesmaid dresses from Coast. I love the high neck and the on-trend ruffles.
Sizes: 18 – 26 | Fabric: Tulle| Color: Navy
8. Best Midi curvy bridesmaid dress – Oasis
This dress looks and feels great on. I like a midi dress to give a nicer silhouette.
Sizes: 18 – 24 | Fabric: Lace & Tulle| Color: Navy
9. Perfect for dancing – ASOS
When you put this dress on all you want to do is twirl.
Sizes: 16 – 30 | Fabric: Satin| Color: Orchid
10. Best Wrap plus size bridesmaid dress- Coast
I love a wrap dress! This comes in two stunning colours and just feels amazing on.
Sizes: 18 – 26 | Fabric: Satin| Color: Rose
11. Best sustainable – Reformation
All reformation bridesmaid dresses are sustainable. They also have some of the best printed options, like this gorgeous dress.
Sizes: xSmall – xLarge | Fabric: Viscose| Color: Buena
12. BEST satin – Jenny Yoo
I love the simple design of this satin bridesmaid dress. It gives a nice shape and the one shoulder is good for drawing the eye up.
Size: 4 – 24 | Fabric: Satin | Color: Pearl
13. Best Lace – Oasis
The lace overlay on this dress is super pretty. The slip helps with creating a nice curvy silhouette.
Sizes: 18 – 24 | Fabric: Lace| Color: Slate Blue
14. Multi way bridesmaid dress – Coast
This dress comes in lots of colours and all sizes. Multiway dresses are great for a mixed bridal party with sizes and shapes. The top can be worn in so many ways that everyone can find a way that suits them.
Sizes: 6 – 26 | Fabric: Stretch| Color: Aubergine
16. Best long sleeve – Coast
This dress is one of those that will suit everyone, no matter their shape or size. It covers everywhere and has a high neckline so it’s super modest.
Come in lots of colours also.
Sizes: 18 – 26 | Fabric: Chiffon| Color: Dusty Blue
17. Best Halter neck – Oasis
I love the subtle print of this dress. The halter neck gives it a modern feel.
Sizes: 18 – 24 | Fabric: Satin| Color: Purple
18. Best embroidered – ASOS
The embroidery on this dress is super pretty. A nice loose fit that can be pulled in if needed makes it a great choice.
Sizes: 16 – 30 | Fabric: Chiffon | Color: Blue
19. Best Sequin – Coast
Sequin should always be a yes at weddings! This dress fits really nice, I would suggest shapewear though as a little clingy.
Sizes: 18 – 26 | Fabric: Sequin| Color: Mink
Top tips for picking bridesmaid dresses to suit a range of sizes.
When it comes to picking bridesmaid dresses, it’s important to choose a style that flatters everyone’s body shape and size as best you can. That itself can be an impossible task.
If you have a size 6 bridesmaid and a size 20, they both will suit completely different styles. You need to try and be considerate and figure out the best solution for your wedding. Here are some tips:
- Consider the fabric: Look for fabrics that drape well and have some stretch, such as jersey or chiffon. These fabrics will be more forgiving on different body types and can help create a cohesive look across a range of sizes.
- Opt for A-line or empire waist dresses: These styles tend to be more forgiving and flatter a variety of body types. They cinch at the waist and then flow away from the body, creating a flattering silhouette for all shapes and sizes.
- Choose a universally flattering colour: Shades like navy, burgundy, and forest green are universally flattering and can complement a range of skin tones. If you want to mix things up, consider a palette of complementary colours that work well together.
- Don’t skimp on alterations: It’s important to have bridesmaid dresses tailored to each person’s unique shape. A dress that’s too long or too loose in certain areas can make anyone feel uncomfortable. Invest in alterations to ensure the dress fits each bridesmaid perfectly.
- Consider mix-and-match styles: If you have a range of body types, consider allowing your bridesmaids to choose from a selection of mix-and-match styles in the same colour palette. This allows each person to choose a style that flatters their body type while still creating a cohesive look across the bridal party.4
Bridesmaid dress FAQs
This is different depending on the country and also culture. In the UK is more common that the couple pays for the bridesmaid dresses. Usually, then the bridesmaid may be expected to pay for their makeup and accessories. A lot of the time the couple covers all expenses. I always say to my couples to offer what they can afford and be honest upfront when asking bridesmaids. Head here for all the details.
Again this depends, if you are budget minded or looking for the best quality you will find dresses for all price ranges. You can look at china or sale options for around £50, I would say the average cost is around £150 and if you are looking for high quality then around £300. Head here for some saving tips.
If ordering from a boutique or made-to-measure you do need to give more time, 3 to 4 months. If ordering ready-to-wear dresses online I would still do it as early as possible. Do keep in mind if you have a pregnant bridesmaid you may need to order sooner or later for them.
More blogs you will love!
- Bridesmaid Nails for all Bridal Party Styles
- Copper Bridesmaid Dresses for a Fabulous Fall Wedding and Every Season
- The Best Places to Buy Bridesmaid Dresses in the UK
- Modern Coral Bridesmaid Dresses Your Party Will Love!
- Satin Bridesmaid Dresses: Trendy and Timeless for a Modern Wedding
- Where to find cheap bridesmaid dresses – Even Less than £30!